Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

metropolis OST

metropolis OST
Author
Ayeka Masaki Jurai

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:03 pm    Post subject: metropolis OST Reply with quote
Dear JPOP people,

I apologise in advance for that fact that I'm posting this despite not usually reading this forum. I did try a search and didn't find anything, so if I'm repeating past topics please forgive me.

Do you know if there is an OST for the Metropolis movie by Osamu Tezuka?

I think I may have found one on one anime shop site, but the track listing didn't seem to contain "I can't stop loving you" and I couldn't consider an OST complete without it given how moving it is in the context of the movie.

Can anyone please help me?

- mib

Edit: speling

[This message has been edited by mib (edited 08 April 2002).]
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, there is an OST for it, however I've only ever seen the bootleg version of it around Melbourne. I recommend asking Initial D to order it in, or have a look at CDJapan.

Sometimes a song from a movie isn't included on the OST, but only released as a single instead (such is the case with Ask DNA, the OP theme from Cowboy Bebop, which was released only on a seperate 'Ask DNA' single. A few other songs from that movie are only on this and the Cowgirl ED OST). It's annoying, as it forces you to buy seperate items for each thing you want .

My favourite Escaflowne-related Maaya Sakamoto song is in this category (Vector - only available as a B-side to Yubiwa).

------------------
life is a canvas
and the paint is hope and promise
the world is ours
no one can ever take it from us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mib
Ayeka Masaki Jurai

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Thanks for the help, but it seems that the OST isn't very good. Anyone who's seen the movie would know the immense impact "I can't stop loving you" has, and I'm devastated beyond words that it's not on the OST.

I suppose it's a licensing issue, since it's by Ray Charles. They probably just didn't want to pony up the dollars for the rights. I could buy it separately (though how would you know which recording of the song was used?), but it's the impact in context that makes it so wonderful and it needs to be in the right spot in the soundtrack.

I'm off to have a cry now. Anime music is nothing but pain.

- mib

[This message has been edited by mib (edited 09 April 2002).]
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2002 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by mib:

I'm off to have a cry now. Anime music is nothing but pain.

Ah so true, so true...

------------------
life is a canvas
the world is ours
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
mib
Ayeka Masaki Jurai

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2002 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
SN, now that you've seen the movie ('bout time ) do you see what I mean about "I can't stop loving you?"

- mib
StorminNorman
Gillard-chan

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2002 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yes, I do. I was beating back tears at that stage. What an absolutely awesome moment.

------------------
life is a canvas
the world is ours

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: