Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Lilya 4-ever

Lilya 4-ever
Author
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:22 am    Post subject: Lilya 4-ever Reply with quote
I was absolutly thrilled to learn that Madman already had a DVD of this Swedish film out as it is one of my all time favorite movies.

It's this tragic yet bittersweet story of a Russian girl's life descending into chaos and misery as she is abandoned by her parents and tricked into the European prositution ring. Ultimately though, it's a story about mortality and life after death. With heartbreaking performances all round and some truely wonderous imagery this has become one of my all-time favorite films.

Has anyone else seen it? If so what do you think of it?
If you haven't I highly recommend it.

It played recently on the World Movies channel but I'm not sure if it's still playing, I'll have to check it out (If you know please post times etc).

Also:
In some other message boards (that allow sigs) I created this sig for me:

While I know it's not the best photoshop in the world I like the simplicity of it. On the left is Volodya, (Lilya's only friend) and on the right is the main character herself (with a bit of watercolour, of course Razz )

My most recent review:
Welcome to the NHK
Elfen Lied
Chris
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Mon Nov 01, 2004 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Yeah, it's a pretty cool movie. Not sure about it being "bittersweet" as I can't recall many sweet moments amongst all that bleakness. Razz

I will, however, close this thread as there is already a thread for this movie sitting on page 2 of this forum.

http://madboards.madman.com.au/viewtopic.php?t=7044

Perhaps you could repost into that thread? It would be better than having two separate threads. Thanks. Smile

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: