Usergroups  ·  Register ·    Profile  ·  Log in to check your private messages  ·   Log in     

Kenshin boxes

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Kenshin boxes
Author
Shiina Tamai

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 10:11 pm    Post subject: Kenshin boxes Reply with quote
You thought I was going to ask if there were going to be any didn't you?

Just couldn't remember if anyone had posted this yet, and I notice that if they have it wasn't in the Kenshin forum, but R1 box sets for Kenshin have been announced (I think 3 boxes for the three arcs, starting release nearer the end of this year from memory).

That'll open up the way for Madman to do the same eventually (though obviously it will be a long while yet because they'll only just be finishing the normal release this year).

------------------
---------------

345 anime DVDs in my collection and growing

Favourite Anime: Princess Nine

For Info On Avoiding Bootlegs
The Pirate Anime FAQ
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Sweet. I've already got the Tokyo and Kyoto Arc so I'll just have to wait for Madman to get the Post Kyoto Arc box out so I can buy it. While I still don't like the majority of the post Kyoto Arc it has its moments and I am one of those people who can't stand having an incomplete series.
Meguel Sanchez
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2003 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ive actually found the 'tales of the meiji' arc ok so far and nowhere near as bad as people have said

i mean if they can drag out this current holy war thing a bit more thats about half of the arc thats alright

so its at least on par with the first arc

------------------
Now is the winter of our discontent.

Oh no, run!
Weis
Meryl Strife

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meguel Sanchez:
ive actually found the 'tales of the meiji' arc ok so far and nowhere near as bad as people have said

i mean if they can drag out this current holy war thing a bit more thats about half of the arc thats alright

16 was alright, I thought it seemed a little.... rushed(?) in places. 15 was utter dog **** , I will probebly never watch it again, worst volume EVER. I could keep watching if it was at the standard of volume 16 (volume 17 is at my friends place, I sent it to him because the release date was the day I moved >_< ).

And Meguel Sanchez, I believe the 'Holy War' thingy ends at the end of 18. So theres only four more volumes after that, and I believe most of the end has something to do with Germans.

------------------
"Im blind not deaf"
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
Requiem
Linn Syun-Rock Dreu Haider Jinto

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Im looking forward to these boxes - Im buying the Kyoto arc seperately, but i'll buy the Tokyo and Meiji Arcs in the boxes.
Argowal
Shiina Tamai

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Actually, I'm enjoying the Meji arc aswell. Nice and fun . I especially liked the engagement ring episode, but the Christian eps are quite interesting aswell

------------------
---------------

345 anime DVDs in my collection and growing

Favourite Anime: Princess Nine

For Info On Avoiding Bootlegs
The Pirate Anime FAQ
Negative_Zero
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Meguel Sanchez:

It goes RAPIDLY downhill after that segment finishes.
Meguel Sanchez
Misa Amane

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Negative_Zero:
It goes RAPIDLY downhill after that segment finishes.

i figured it would be finishing up in DVD 18

kinda annoying but the series is so close to finishing there is no point in stopping now, no matter how much the series degrades into crap

------------------
Now is the winter of our discontent.

Oh no, run!
Wing-Gundam
Motoko Kusanagi

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2003 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
quote:
Originally posted by Weis:
16 was alright, I thought it seemed a little.... rushed(?) in places. 15 was utter dog **** , I will probebly never watch it again, worst volume EVER. I could keep watching if it was at the standard of volume 16 (volume 17 is at my friends place, I sent it to him because the release date was the day I moved >_< ).

And Meguel Sanchez, I believe the 'Holy War' thingy ends at the end of 18. So theres only four more volumes after that, and I believe most of the end has something to do with Germans.

Not Germans. It has something to do with some wierd Ninja`s and some kind of Pentagram that they`re trying to create.

It`s by far the worst bit of the entire series.

------------------
"In this world which will ultimately collapse, dreams and hopes are meaningless" - X Tv Opening
"Dreams and Love are nothing but expedient illusions, endlessly avoiding reality" - Scryed Opening
"The end has not been written, and the title of strongest has not yet been bestowed" - Shinomori Aoshi
"夢?@の?@ない?@この?@?「界" - "Rosier", Luna Sea
"ふたつ?@の?@明日?Aでも?@未来?@わ?@ひとつ" -?@?M
:. . .l0st
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
am waiting for the box sets to come out before i buy them

don't worry about this i am just trying something

。?」「?ァカ?ェコ????エョ?・ィ????ォ裃??ゥ???ャ??????オ??

Japanese Exchange Student: What do you want?
Sakki: a japanese boyfriend
Student: Mmmm...try in Japan
Sakki:...thanks for the help dude <.<

~Sauceman~ = The best mod EVER!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Evil
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well, I hope they sell empty boxes. I have all of the madman vols released thus far, no going back now, I don't have the option of waiting for box sets to be released Very Happy
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
ALL series' that have indivual releases that have a box will have empties available

*one thousandth time this has been mentioned on the forums*
Miyuki
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 8:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
The Final arc is really awful...It makes no sense at all and doesn't even have any great fights in it. It started throwing in Chinese Feng Shui and elemental powers and stuff and the ending was terrible. The only great thing about it was the credits song "1/3 no junjou na Kanjou" (1/3 True Feelings) and a brief glimpse of Tomoe in the ending credits which made me think that they were going to the Jinchuu arc but just ran out of money in the end Sad
Wandering to the edge of time.
black_ops
Banned

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2003 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
the christian part of the meji is based on fact to a certain point, people were pursicuited due to their beliefs as budism was the mainstay until the early 20th century... i'm not sure how accreate i am as i don't really have a japanese history book in front of me to quote...

personally i own 17 volumes of the tv series, movie and reflection on dvd, trust, betrayal & movie on vhs

though i need to replace 1,4,5,8-12, audio defects on vol 8 - 12

i've spent 663.90 over 12-18 month's on kenshin titles i still have 5 volumes of the tv series and the trust & betrayal ova's to get on dvd thats another $202.65 i have to spend, i'm wondering if madman's going to do the special edition dvd's of trust and betrayal ova's..... i'm not wether i'll buy the boxsets or not Question only time will tell...
mR_CaESaR
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
This thread has the details about the R1 box for the first arc of kenshin. Looks like its going to be a whole wood box (does that mean we will have trouble importing it seeing as its wood? Wink Very Happy)

For the lazy ones, here is the pic

I personally don't like the design, however if this is indeed actual wood, then i shall definately import the box. Abit steep @ $USD 25 but its for kesnhin, i love the series Very Happy
Chichiri
Kenshin Himura

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 8:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
wood? Sugoii!
Miyuki
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Wow...I think the artwork is pretty good but it looks kinda ugly against that wooden brown background Razz

But if this is indeed a Wooden box will Madman be able to just distribute Media Blasters box or will they make their own?

Personally I would get the Wooden box because the collector inside me is going "OOOOOOOOOH!!! WOOOOD!! GET! GET!" and so if Madman do not distribute the Wooden box, I'll import it Smile

I can't wait to see some pictures of the entire box.
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2003 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I'm not too crazy about the design of the box. So if Madman does a better job on the design I'll get that. Wood or otherwise I'd buy which ever one looks better.
Weis
Meryl Strife

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Hmm at $25 US it is quite steep, I'll have to sleep on it. I know Madman will release there own down the track but it certainly won't be wood. Besides, if I get the first box I've commited myself to buying the other two as well, and $40 or so AU for a box is quite expensive, especially for 3.

Warning: Use with caution.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website ICQ Number
mR_CaESaR
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Weis wrote:
Hmm at $25 US it is quite steep, I'll have to sleep on it. I know Madman will release there own down the track but it certainly won't be wood. Besides, if I get the first box I've commited myself to buying the other two as well, and $40 or so AU for a box is quite expensive, especially for 3.

Hahaha, this is where my "box whore" name comes out Wink Very Happy

I shall be importing them no matter what Smile

I've already imported the Eva Box, so i can't see why i won't import these Smile (unless its LE or something and i can't afford it when they are released)
Miyuki
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
mR_CaESaR wrote:
Weis wrote:

I've already imported the Eva Box, so i can't see why i won't import these Smile (unless its LE or something and i can't afford it when they are released)

Do you think "Box Whore" is contagious? Razz Because I have the urge for every new series I'm collecting to get the box now...and I'm going to import the wooden box if it doesn't get distributed down here...I feel so helpless because I know it will cost me an arm and a leg but I don't care Razz

I should start a Boxaholics anonymous Smile
Nosaj
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2003 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Miyuki wrote:
mR_CaESaR wrote:
Weis wrote:

Do you think "Box Whore" is contagious? Razz Because I have the urge for every new series I'm collecting to get the box now...and I'm going to import the wooden box if it doesn't get distributed down here...I feel so helpless because I know it will cost me an arm and a leg but I don't care Razz

I should start a Boxaholics anonymous Smile

Personally I prefer the design of Nick's Rurouni Kenshin Boxes, theyd be my first choice, especially as theyre made from metal, as opposed to mere wood. Smile

Anyway, as a test, I'm trying to get my hands on the metal bgc2040 artbox, to see how the quality comes out. I mean even if the quality is bad, its couldnt be worse than the cereal box madman used Very Happy

If the box turns out to be sweet, there is gonna be alot more metal on my shelf Smile
Weis
Meryl Strife

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2003 1:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
With those Nick's boxes, they look quite good. The Tokyo and Kyoto boxes would suit the series nicely (Kyoto especially), though Im not sure if the Meiji box really reflects the arc well. I mean, it looks good, but doesnt really match up with the content that well, well Im comparing it to the rather fab Kyoto box anyway.

Warning: Use with caution.
mad chichi
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
my box art is different from that but then again i got the whole collection in a 3 box set i would show the art but i still dont have a FREAKING clue how to add pics Crying or Very sad it's so huniliating for someone like me Embarassed
But for a fact most of kenshin is based on history of that era yet only fictional it sticks to facts and for the last eprisode it's more a metaphore of what is really kenshin's ideals and purpose is.

Man do i sound philosofical or what!!!! Razz

" i think one superhero is enough for today"
"Maketakunai Shi, Nakitakunai Shi, Waratte-tai kara" MOVIN MOVIN

"MADA MADA DANE" ^_^
Degenerate
Tina Foster

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
mad chichi wrote:
my box art is different from that but then again i got the whole collection in a 3 box set i would show the art but i still dont have a FREAKING clue how to add pics Crying or Very sad it's so huniliating for someone like me Embarassed
But for a fact most of kenshin is based on history of that era yet only fictional it sticks to facts and for the last eprisode it's more a metaphore of what is really kenshin's ideals and purpose is.

Man do i sound philosofical or what!!!! Razz

You would have sounded even better if you'd learnt how to spell Razz Razz Laughing
mad chichi
Washu Hakubi

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2003 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Well spelling champ :p you going going 24 hours with out sleep and see how your spelling comes out hehehe

" i think one superhero is enough for today"
"Maketakunai Shi, Nakitakunai Shi, Waratte-tai kara" MOVIN MOVIN

"MADA MADA DANE" ^_^
mR_CaESaR
Kuu

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Another update on the box Very Happy

seems amazon has a full picture of the box, and i can say it is mighty mighty nice Smile

I'll probably do everything i can to make sure i get this box Very Happy

Image thanks to Amazon.com.

Miyuki
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Woah! Shocked

Is it a hard wood box? If so then I want! I want!

*drooooooool*
Nosaj
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Miyuki wrote:
Woah! Shocked

*drooooooool*

It is.

I must say, thats a better looking pic than the other one. Razz
merric
Shinji Ikari

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Aarr, that hardwood box be treasure fit for the plunderin' says I!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
sgt_tediz
Koishi Herikawa

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2003 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
tasty, i wants...
mR_CaESaR
Kuu

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nosaj wrote:
Miyuki wrote:
Woah! Shocked

*drooooooool*

It is.

I must say, thats a better looking pic than the other one. Razz

As far as i know, there still hasn't been a confirmation that it will be infact actual wood. Question of the topic though....

Will we all have trouble importing this mofo if its wood? as you there always seems to be problems with bringing wood to the country.
Nosaj
Usagi Tsukino

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2003 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Nosaj wrote:
Miyuki wrote:
Woah! Shocked

*drooooooool*

It is.

I must admit to causing a bit of confusion here. If you mean "Hardwood" like Oak or Jarrah, then I wouldnt know. If you mean "hard wood" as in not soft like paper, and made of wood, then I would say it was. Razz
jinsenblade
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
black_ops wrote:
the christian part of the meji is based on fact to a certain point, people were pursicuited due to their beliefs as budism was the mainstay until the early 20th century... i'm not sure how accreate i am as i don't really have a japanese history book in front of me to quote...

personally i own 17 volumes of the tv series, movie and reflection on dvd, trust, betrayal & movie on vhs

i've spent 663.90 over 12-18 month's on kenshin titles i still have 5 volumes of the tv series and the trust & betrayal ova's to get on dvd thats another $202.65 i have to spend, i'm wondering if madman's going to do the special edition dvd's of trust and betrayal ova's..... i'm not wether i'll buy the boxsets or not Question only time will tell...

I've done a bit of Japanese History, and I was impressed by the research put into the Arc. But it just seemed too different from previous story telling pacing and too similar to the Kyoto Arc e.g. Travelling to Kyoto to take out a madman....
merric
Shinji Ikari

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2003 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Most Japanese Christians were killed during various purges in the Tokugawa period (I'll have to dig up a source on this). The Tokugawa period was a period of absolute isolation from the outside world, and the government considered Christianity to be a dangerous foreign influence, so they took measures to dispose of it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger ICQ Number
:. . .l0st
Kenji Harima

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
do we know of when the box is being released in australia yet?? i am not buying it until i can buy them in the boxsets

Japanese Exchange Student: What do you want?
Sakki: a japanese boyfriend
Student: Mmmm...try in Japan
Sakki:...thanks for the help dude <.<

~Sauceman~ = The best mod EVER!!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
)v(aelstrom
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2003 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
black_ops wrote:

Audio defects? Where? I mean, occasionally (very occasionally) I might notice something is out of sync with the lip movement, and wasn't there that burst of digital noise on one of the OVAs (or was that a different anime, bah, I forget)? But as far as the television series is concerned, none I have need replacing. Although one day Madman should actually sit down and test their stuff so there's not re-doings of everything all the time, heh. Makes you wonder, doesn't it?

- M
Atsusuki
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 6:49 pm    Post subject: Bought Kenshin :D Reply with quote
OK! >.<
I've asked if there would be empty boxes for those who bought the volumes separately or not and (Slykura) told me last time that there would be empty boxes! Very Happy and thats when i decided Very Happy

So! the other day i went and bought all the available volumes (vol. 1-21 + betrayal and reflection + movie, and trying to get trust, after saving up heaps >.<)
You guys should of seen Very Happy they all were lookin at me and think i was crazy :p
buying at JB HI FI dvds, my total comes to AUD$596.78 and after the discount $537.10

anyway, i'm freakin happy now that i bought it at last, now just waiting for volume 22 and trust - and at the end, the boxes Very Happy
kakarotsan
Shinobu Nagumo

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
I remember I bought 6 Kenshin DVD's at once and the guy at the counter looked pretty surprised. I can't imagine what the reaction would be like if you bought...*counts on fingers*...24 DVD's at once.

PS. I dind't really need to count on my fingers, honestly Laughing
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Atsusuki
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2003 8:01 pm    Post subject: yea i'm freakin crazy, now waiting for boxes :D Reply with quote
haha yea, it was crazy Very Happy
the guy at the door who checks ppl's bags goes "whoa u got alotta movies there" and in my head i was like "its called anime mate and i'm crazy about them"
jinsenblade
Mayuko Chigasaki

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
If I were the security guard, I would have done the proper thing - rolled you for your DVD's and left you in the dust. Smile
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
26 actually
22 TV seriees
2 ova 1
1 ova 2
1 movie

and I can't believe I'm that dam close to getting all of them.
Miyuki
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Slykura wrote:
26 actually
22 TV seriees
2 ova 1
1 ova 2
1 movie

I'm not Razz

It's much easier on the hip pocket for me if I pretend the filler arcs don't exist ^^;;;. I'll watch Seisouhen but thats about it ^^;;;
Personbot
Cagalli Yula Attha

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003 2:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Miyuki wrote:
Slykura wrote:
26 actually
22 TV seriees
2 ova 1
1 ova 2
1 movie

I'm not Razz

It's much easier on the hip pocket for me if I pretend the filler arcs don't exist ^^;;;. I'll watch Seisouhen but thats about it ^^;;;

Same here.

I stopped buying Ruroken at the end of Kyoto and I wont be wasting any money on Post Kyoto unless I can find the box set when it comes out for less then $50.

As for Seisouhen even if I was given it for free I wouldn't take it. On second thought I would take it and then destroy it, thus lowering the number of dogshit dvds in the world, thus making the world a much better place. So everybody send your copies of Seisouhen my way, or destroy them yourselves.
Miyuki
Minawa Andou

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Personbot wrote:
Miyuki wrote:
Slykura wrote:
26 actually
22 TV seriees
2 ova 1
1 ova 2
1 movie

I'm not Razz

Same here.

I stopped buying Ruroken at the end of Kyoto and I wont be wasting any money on Post Kyoto unless I can find the box set when it comes out for less then $50.

As for Seisouhen even if I was given it for free I wouldn't take it. On second thought I would take it and then destroy it, thus lowering the number of dogshit dvds in the world, thus making the world a much better place. So everybody send your copies of Seisouhen my way, or destroy them yourselves.

lol

Well Seisouhen is only really good for the pretty fight scenes which is why I still have it Razz
Requiem

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2003 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote
Lets please not turn this in to a "i like seisouhen vs i hate seisouhen" debate. We have already had enough of them.

Back on topic, I think the perfect box layout would be one for each of the arcs, then another one for both OAVs and the movie.
akemi
Doraemon

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
there's a boxset of RK? Very Happy ok ok, what will i get? how much? and where?
Requiem

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2003 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
akemi wrote:
there's a boxset of RK? Very Happy ok ok, what will i get? how much? and where?

In the states, not here yet. When the box does come out here it will be 3 boxes - 6/8/8 dvd count at about $120 each.
nintounk
Doraemon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
Even though I have the entire series it seems I may buy the boxsets including the DVD's once again. If you check Videouniverse.com you'll see that the english track is 5.1 Dolby Digital. Don't know if its true, I've asked Videouniverse.com and Rightstuf.com and none gave technical info (were unsure).
Slykura
Madman Staff

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2004 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote
There is no 5.1 mix for Kenshin TV. It's a TV series from the 90's. Its not in 5.1. I think that site just made a mistake of listing it with 5.1

TV series' from back then are rarely in 5.1 (Initial D being the exception to this). But the DVD release in Japan is still 2.0

For them to remaster 95 eps with 5.1 in this short amount of time is also nearly not possible.

Page 1 of 2

Jump to: